Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
RN Case Manager - Per Diem
New England Rehabilitation Hospital is a free standing acute rehabilitation hospital in the State of Maine. We are a 90 bed hospital specializing in the treatment and coordination of care for patients who have sustained strokes, spinal cord injuries, brain injuries and multitrauma. Our patient centered care is a collaborative effort between physicians who specialize in rehabilitation medicine, rehab nurses, psychologists, dieticians, case managers, speech, occupational and physical therapists.
We are actively seeking a per diem case manager. The ideal candidate will be autonomous, motivated, energetic, organized, possess exceptional critical thinking skills and be able to thrive in a fast paced environment. In addition, ownership of the coordination of the patient experience is an expectation of the position by providing guidance and direction to the interdisciplinary team regarding quality, timeliness, appropriateness of services, and patient/payor expectations.
At New England Rehabilitation Hospital, the case manager is an empowered professional who leads and facilitates the interdisciplinary team. Through timely communication, the case manager establishes and monitors the discharge plan implementation while identifying and addressing the patient’s psychosocial and support systems issues. By actively managing and directing resource utilization, the case manager is key to the achievement of high quality outcomes during the patient’s rehabilitation experience.
Job code: 100681
License and Certification:
- Must be qualified to independently complete an assessment within the scope of practice of his/her discipline (for example, RN, SW, OT, PT, ST, and Rehabilitation Counseling).
- If licensure is required for his/her discipline within his/her state, individual must hold an active license.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for CCM® or ACM certification upon entry into this position OR within two years of entry into the position.
- CCM® or ACM certification required OR must be obtained within two years of being placed in the Case Manager II position.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- For Nursing, must possess minimum of an Associate Degree in Nursing, RN licensure with BSN preferred. A diploma is acceptable only in those states whose minimum requirement for licensure or certification is a diploma rather than an Associate Degree.
- For all other eligible licensed or certified health care professionals, must possess a minimum of a baccalaureate degree and graduate degree is preferred.
- 2 years of rehabilitation experience preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 335 Brighton Avenue, Portland 04102
Job ID: 1810292