Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Nurse Supervisor - Every Saturday and Sunday - 7:00 AM - 7:30 PM - Braintree
Healthsouth of Braintree, MA is a 166 bed acute physical rehabilitation hospital located just south of Boston, MA. In addition to caring for general rehabilitation diagnoses, such as amputations, arthritis, hip fracture, joint replacement, burns, spinal cord injury, multiple trauma, we also treat neurological conditions, such as stroke, brain injury, Guillian Barre, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, or critical illness myopathy, orthopedics, and other cardiac conditions.
Want a challenging clinical environment where Nursing, OT, PT, SLP and Medical staff work as a team treating acute patients, just days out of surgery or the ICU who are recovering from a significant medical event?
With a 1-3 week average stay, over 80% of our patients are successfully discharged directly home to the families and their lives!
The Nurse Supervisor is responsible for the following critical functions:
* Assisting in the development
of patient care programs, policies, and procedures that describe how patients'
needs for nursing care, treatment, and services are assessed, evaluated, and
* Implementing the plans for providing nursing care, treatment, and services including the types and numbers of nursing personnel necessary to provide nursing care.
* Implementing an effective, ongoing program to measure, assess, and improve nursing care, treatment, and services delivered to patients.
* Promoting an environment and culture that enables Healthsouth to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff, holding staff accountable for performance, and motivating staff to improve performance.
* Supervising and coordinating nursing personnel and delivery of nursing care for their assigned shift.
* Coordinating administration
and clinical activities, both inter and intra-departmentally, so that optimum
patient care is provided, staffing is maintained and costs contained.
* Acting as Nurse Manager in his/her absence
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more all effective day one of employment!
What types of patients will you care for? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our nurses can expect to spend an average of 1-3 weeks with our patients with a variety of diagnosis such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
Helping you become a better nurse is critical to our success - You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
Keywords: Nurse Manger, Nurse Supervisor, ADON, Charge Nurse, Med/Surg, Director of Nursing
Job Code: 100124
License or Certification:
* Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations
* CPR certification
* CRRN certification preferred and supported
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
* Five years experience in inpatient hospital setting.
* Two plus years Nursing Leadership or Charge experience
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
Address: 250 Pond Street, Braintree 02184
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1723534