Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Pharmacist- Part Time (24 Hours A Week)
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie is part of one of the Nation’s largest providers of Rehabilitation Services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives. Our modern 90,000 square-foot inpatient rehabilitation hospital is situated on the coast of Lake Erie and offers comprehensive nursing care and extensive inpatient therapy serving the tri-state areas of northwestern Pennsylvania, northeastern Ohio, and western New York.
During the past 25 years, through the success of our unique rehabilitation programs, we've upheld our reputation as a national leader in rehab. Maintaining our leadership role in rehab takes more than just quality care and good programs, it takes a dedicated staff that is committed to each patient achieving the highest possible outcome with the eventual goal of returning home.
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie’s specialized care includes neuro-rehabilitation treatment programs that are led by our program medical director who is board certified in internal medicine, neurology, EMG, neuro-rehabilitation, and vascular neurology. We specialize in advanced stroke, brain injury and neurological rehabilitation, including post-operative deep brain stimulation (DBS) rehabilitation, post-operative intrathecal baclofen (spasticity) rehabilitation and dysphagia rehabilitation program using VitalStim (electrical stimulation therapy for recovery of swallowing) as well as DPNS (Deep Pharyngeal Neuromuscular Stimulation) therapy.
In addition to caring for general rehabilitation diagnoses such as orthopedics, cardiac, pulmonary, or general debility post surgery or illness, HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie has specialized inpatient programs for stroke, brain injury, neurological diseases such as Parkinson disease, multiple sclerosis and Guillian-Barre syndrome, trauma and spinal cord injury. Other services offered include onsite dialysis, wound and ostomy care, tracheotomy and dietitian evaluation and treatment including enteral feeding support.
We currently are recognized by the Joint Commission for four Specialty Disease-Specific Certifications in Stroke, Brain Injury, Orthopedics, and Parkinson’s Disease.
The Pharmacist contributes to excellent patient outcomes and satisfaction through:
- Ensuring the daily operations within the hospital pharmacy allow the pharmacy to meet all customer and patient expectations.
- Contributing to and developing pharmacy specific policies and procedures, ensuring all policies and procedures meet all applicable Joint Commission and other auditing agency regulations.
- Participating on the interdisciplinary team; providing the appropriate information to the team and utilizing the information received to ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Accurate interpretation of medication orders, and compound and dispense medication preparations in accordance with the legal and professional standards of pharmacy practice.
Location: 143 East Second Street, Erie, PA 16507
Click here for a map and contact information on our location.
Job Code: 100091
- Licensed in good standing by the appropriate state pharmacy board.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Successful completion a degree from an accredited pharmacy program or one that is determined to be substantially equivalent to a U.S. accredited program by an appropriate certifying agency preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment.
Address: 143 East Second Street, Erie 16507
Job ID: 1720410