Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Admission Rep (Pool)
The Admissions Representative assumes the responsibility for the coordination of an effective, efficient admission process for all patients by receiving referrals, gathering and verifying pertinent information, and completing necessary procedures to schedule and admit inpatient and/or outpatients. The position compiles and inputs statistical information into appropriate hospital systems.
Job Code: 100208
License or Certification:
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred; post education preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of third party payors
- Six months experience or equivalent in hospital admissions preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 10 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 1600 37th Street, Vero Beach 32960
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1719549