Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Administrator- Mesa, AZ
HealthSouth East Valley Rehabilitation Hospital is a 60-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services to return patients to leading active and independent lives.
Hospital Website: http://www.healthsoutheastvalley.com
Hospital Address: 5652 East Baseline Road, Mesa, AR 85206
The Associate Administrator will enter in to HealthSouth’s Developing Future CEO program. This is a two year “CEO-in-training” program designed to rapidly accelerate the development of candidates who aspire to be Hospital CEOs and who meet the program’s requirements. Upon successful program completion, the Associate Administrator will be able to apply for a job as the CEO of a Hospital where the company has an opening. In most cases, this requires program participants to relocate twice within two years.
Internal Candidates for the program should have the support of their Regional President based on the recommendation of their CEO and input from their regional director.
The Associate Administrator is responsible for developing and demonstrating the necessary qualifications to become a CEO while leading significant and successful improvements in the hospital’s clinical, financial, employee, and patient satisfaction outcomes. The Associate Administrator will report to the CEO, be a member of the hospital’s senior leadership team, and be responsible for at least one department – with progressively increasing responsibility based on demonstrated ability and hospital needs. The Associate Administrator is expected to complete the Associate Administrator program curriculum and other tasks as assigned.
· Required: A strong desire to become the CEO/Administrator of a HealthSouth hospital in approximately 2 years.
· Required: Commitment to approximately 2 years as an Associate Administrator and an additional 3 years as a HealthSouth hospital CEO/Administrator (subject to on-the-job performance and business needs).
· Required: Relocation twice within two years to any HealthSouth hospital.
· Required: Bachelor’s degree. Preferred: MBA or MHA.
· Required: Three years of management experience in a hospital setting required, including:
o Managerial responsibility including selection, performance appraisal, performance management and discipline, compensation, promotion and termination decisions for at least 1 direct report.
o Input on budget development and responsibility for operating within a budget for areas of responsibility.
· Required: Evidence of consistently above average performance as compared to expectations for comparable positions.
· Required: Evidence of the effective application of strong competencies/skills in: Analysis, business acumen, change agility, collaboration, communication, decision-making, leadership, strategic focus, talent management, and technical mastery within one or more disciplines important to inpatient rehabilitation hospital operations.
· Preferred: Two years of senior management experience in a hospital setting, including: Hospital (or comparable corporate, region, or subsidiary) responsibility for one or more of the following departments: Finance & Accounting, Marketing, Nursing, Therapy (inpatient), Quality, Case Management, or Human Resources.
· Managerial responsibility including selection, performance appraisal, performance management and discipline, compensation, promotion and termination decisions for a staff including at least 3 direct reports.
· Departmental responsibility for budget development, oversight, and spending.
Address: 5652 E. Baseline Road, Mesa 85206
Job ID: 1717151