Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Certified Nurses Aide - FT - Days
Now Hiring HealthSouth Certified Nursing Assistants
Helping patients regain hope and independence
Act as the direct link to help patients succeed in inpatient rehabilitation by supervising care and treatments provided by team members, leading patient assessments, creating personalized plans of care, communicating progress and targeting patient concerns, offering timely solutions.
The HealthSouth Difference
The importance of nursing to HealthSouth rehabilitation hospitals can't be overstated. At HealthSouth, comprehensive rehabilitation is planned and administered by a highly specialized and integrated team including physicians, nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists, speech therapists, occupational therapists, case managers and others. Rehabilitation nurses are a valuable resource and bring an important perspective to this interdisciplinary approach. HealthSouth's rehabilitation nurses help the patients regain control of their lives and their independence, treating complex medical issues and redefining how care is provided.
Only the best will do
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- College savings plan
- Employee assistance program
- Pre-paid legal plan
- and much more!
Eighty percent of patients discharged directly home
Our registered nursing teams get to know patients over two to four weeks on average, providing care for conditions such as:
- Spinal cord injury
- Brain injury
- Neurological disorders
- Joint replacement
- Multiple trauma
Advanced tools to support patient progress
- Advanced technologies
- Evidence-based practice guidelines
- Clinical outcomes to assess and improve treatment interventions
- National outcomes database
- Trained mentors
- Internal and external education
- Professional treatment teams
The Rehabilitation Nurse Technician is responsible for:
· Providing direct patient care activities appropriate to training and competency
· Assisting RN in completing tasks that support patient care activities
· Completes patient care activities as assigned while promoting excellent patient satisfaction and outcomes.
- Current Kansas Certified Nursing Assistant License required
- CPR certification required
- One-year experience in a hospital setting preferred
- Day Shift
- 7am – 7pm
- Every third weekend rotation
- Rotating Holidays
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
- CPR certification
- Current Kansas Certified Nursing Assistant License
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- One year experience in inpatient general hospital setting preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 5701 W. 110th Street, Overland Park 66211
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1715747