Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
CEO - Hospital - Nashville, TN
Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital is currently looking for a Chief Executive Officer to join our hospital leadership team.
Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital an 80-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives. The hospital opened in November of 1993 and is a joint venture between Vanderbilt University Medical Center and HealthSouth, one of the nation's leading rehabilitation services provider.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for all day-today operations of the Hospital. This position is accountable for planning, organizing and directing the hospital to ensure that quality patient care is provided and that the financial integrity of the hospital improves. The CEO ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations as well as all policies and procedures set forth by the Governing Board and Medical Staff, and those required by Joint Commission standards.
The CEO will report to the Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) and Chief Health System Officer (Pinson) through the Vanderbilt Health Services (VHS) Vice President (Brown). The CEO has a secondary report to the Regional President - Central Region at HealthSouth Corporation.
The CEO is responsible for creating an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff, holding staff accountable for performance, motivating staff to improve performance, recognizing and rewarding performance, and assuring that a high quality of clinical care is always improved, and being responsible for operational measurement, assessment and improvement of the hospital’s performance.
The position will support cultural diversity by: 1)ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; 2)promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and 3)ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
- Analyze market, promotes, informs, and advertises hospital and its services to community, potential patients, referral sources and others who are not currently choosing the hospital for services and care. Identifies potential new referral sources and markets as applicable.
- Actively involved in lobbying and grass roots efforts, in local and national healthcare policy making process
- Monitors and managers day-to-day hospital operations to meet financial performance objectives, forecasted revenues and expenses for the upcoming budgeting period.
- Complies with Sarbanes Oxley Act 404 by managing, maintaining and assessing the effectiveness of an adequate internal controls structure for financial reporting within the hospital.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Creates alignment and develops mission centric goals with department of Physical Medicine and Rehab.
- Responsible for development of relationships and alignment with Transition Management Office.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
- Develops annual operating and capital budgets.
- Develops annual strategic plan for hospital and communicates to staff.
Job Code: 100186
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related healthcare field preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree with equivalent work experience of a Master’s degree as demonstrated by such responsibilities as but not limited to accountability for hospital operations, budget development, analysis and oversight; marketing including volume growth/program development; FTE management; expense control; policy and procedure development and implementation; and process development to facilitate regulatory compliance.
- 15 years of management experience in healthcare and a minimum of 10 years in a Senior Management position.
Machines, Equipment Used:- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.Physical Requirements: - Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.Compliance:- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.Skills and Abilities:- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.- Ability to work independently without supervision.Environmental Conditions:- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.- Handicapped accessible.- May work under stressful circumstances at times.Proficiency or Productivity Standards:- Meets established attendance standards.- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines. - May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 2201 Children's Way, Nashville 37212
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1714434