Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
The HealthSouth Acute Rehabilitation Hospital of Reading, PA is Joint Commission Certified and specializes in rehabilitative care across a wide-array of diagnoses.
For over 50 years, the Healthsouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Reading has been serving patients from Berks, Chester, Montgomery, Lehigh, Lancaster counties and beyond.
Located on 35 acres of gently rolling hills, in Berks County, south of Reading and just five miles from the turnpike, HealthSouth Reading is a 60-bed acute rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services with a 1-3 week average length of stay discharging 80% of our patients directly back to their homes and families!
We Proudly Display our 5 Gold Seal Certifications of Approval® from Joint Commission
Our 60-bed acute rehabilitation hospital offers the following inpatient specialty programs:
The Therapy Manager is a clinically specific position, which may include inpatient or outpatient therapy and directs the day to day therapy services provided by our Physical, Occupational and Speech departments. Reporting to the Director of Therapy Operations, the Therapy Manager:
- Requires effective supervisory skills along with good communication skills for interdepartmental relationships.
- Supervises 49 clinical staff working with Therapy Team Leaders and the Director of Therapy Services.
- Requires competency in their specific therapy discipline for evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Typically provides patient care in their licensed discipline 25% of work hours.
- Requires task delegation and supervision of therapy staff to include assistants and technicians for daily operational issues and staff development programs.
- Is responsible for staffing and scheduling to provide adequate coverage for patient treatments including inpatient, outpatient, home assessments and community outings.
- Our Outpatient clinical staff are certified in Big and Loud Parkinson’s programs, vestibular rehabilitation and driver evaluations.
- The Therapy Manager is responsible to help create a positive work environment, motivating staff to improve performance and being responsible for the operation of the department, measurement, assessment and continuous improvement of the department's performance.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more all effective day one of employment!
Who will you treat? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital. Typically our hospital serves a wide clinical caseload such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to asses and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
You will work with standard and advanced therapy technologies- depending on hospital location, some equipment used such as Auto Ambulators, Bioness, Interactive Metronome, Hand Mentor, SmartStep, Anodyne, Wii and CAPs are be available.
Keywords: Rehabilitation Manager, Rehabilitation Director, Rehabilitation Supervisor, PT Manager, OT Manager, Program Manager, Team Lead, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, SLP, Speech Therapist
Job Code: 100004
License or Certification:
- Must have current state PT, OT or SLP license
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited therapy program preferred
- Three years of rehabilitation experience with some supervisory experience is required.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Address: 1623 Morgantown Road, Reading 19607
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1714295