Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Speech Language Pathologist - CCC-SLP
Welcome to HealthSouth Yuma Rehabilitation Hospital
Our hospital is a 51-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives. We provide a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly-skilled physicians and therapists, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
The Speech-Language Pathologist provides speech-language therapy
treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and
federal regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position:
· Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, and caregivers.
· Requires effective communication skills for departmental and interdepartmental relationships.
· Requires competency in speech-language pathology evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
· Requires task delegation and supervision of fellows, technicians and assistants (when applicable).
· Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
The Speech-Language Pathologist creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. For more information on available benefits, please click here.
What types of patients will you care for? Speech-Language Pathologists work with patients to assess and treat vocal and language impairment, which includes understanding spoken words, producing fluent speech, and choosing the correct words when speaking. A speech therapist can also help patients who have problems swallowing, communicating and patients with cognitive impairments. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to asses and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
Helping you become a better nurse is critical to our success - You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
Keywords: SLP, SLP-CCC, Speech Therapist
Job Code: 100031
License or Certification:
- Must be in possession of current state license or certification on or before the first day of employment.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
- Successful completion of an accredited Master's Degree Program or accredited Bachelor's Degree Program plus sufficient experience in the field.
Address: 901 W. 24th Street, Yuma 85364
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1713128