Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Nursing Assistant- 2nd shift- 32 hours with benefits!
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona, PA is an 80-bed acute rehabilitation hospital that provides comprehensive Inpatient and Outpatient rehabilitation. We offer a wide base of physical rehabilitative care for orthopedic, neurologic, multi-trauma, spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation needs.
Our hospital has a full complement of Therapists, Nurses, Neuropsychologists and Medical staff to offer the best possible outcomes for our patients. With an average length of stay between 1-3 weeks, we have the ability to get to know our patients and their families.
We are proud of the fact that about 80% of the patients admitted to HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona are discharged directly to their homes.
Come see how we are changing people’s lives- everyday. Maybe you can too!
The Nurse Technician is responsible for:
- Assisting the RN/LPN in completing tasks that support patient care activities and treatments
- Providing direct patient care activities appropriate to training and competency
- Ensures that department is kept clean and organized
- Assists with equipment maintenance and cleaning of supplies
- Completes patient care activities as assigned while promoting excellent patient satisfaction and outcomes
- Ensure that patients and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere, which recognizes the individual’s needs and rights
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. All elected benefits are effective day one of employment!.
Helping you become better is critical to our success - You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; and we offer educational benefits if you are interested in continuing your education.
Keywords: Nursing Technician, RNT, Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA, acute care, hospital, general hospital, HHA, LNA
Job Code: 100132
License or Certification:
- CNA preferred, but not required
- CPR certification
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- One year experience in inpatient general hospital setting preferred
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Address: 2005 Valley View Blvd, Altoona 16602
Shift: Evening Job
Job ID: 1711743