Continuum Home Health Care is the Home Health Care Agency for the University of Virginia (UVA) Health System located in Charlottesville, VA. We have been providing excellence in home care throughout the region for over 20 years. We are growing and we are seeking to add experienced, dedicated and talented therapists (PT, PTA, OT, COTA, and SLP staff) to our experienced team. If you are looking for an exciting and dynamic career opportunity please contact Jeff Riedel-Bicknell, Therapy Manager at JR4MD@hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
or call 434-987-8920. We serve the following geographic region: Charlottesville and Albemarle, Augusta, Rockingham, Greene, Madison, Culpeper, Orange, Louisa, Fluvanna, Buckingham, and Nelson. Apply for positions online at www.healthsouth.jobs
The Senior Physical Therapist Assistant provides physical therapy treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective mentoring and training skills along with good communication skills for departmental relationships.
- Requires competency in physical therapy treatment within the scope of the position.
- Performs physical therapy treatment tasks as delegated by and supervised by physical therapists
- Assists with scheduling physical therapy in-services education, physical therapy assistant student program, phusical therapy assistants' orientation.
- Assists with physical therapist assistant mentoring, training and communication to drive physical therapy excellence for patient treatments.
- Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
- Typically provides patient care in discipline 90% to 95% of work hours
The Physical Therapist Assistant creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. For more information on available Benefits, please click here.
Who will you treat? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our therapist can expect to spend an average of 2-4 weeks with our patients treating a wide clinical caseload such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
You will use standard and advanced therapy technologies- depending on hospital location, some equipment used such as Auto Ambulators, Bioness, Interactive Metronome, Hand Mentor, SmartStep, Anodyne, Wii and CAPs may be available.
Helping you become a better therapist is critical to our success
- You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
Job Code: 100017
License or Certification:
- Must have current state license or certification; in states where licensing is not required, defer to state practice act
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy
Education, Training and Experience:
- Successful completion of an Associate's degree from an accredited physical therapy assistant program preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of physical therapy assistant experience is required
- Active on Therapy Clinical Ladder (when eligible) or speciality professional certifications, preferred.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirementsAddress:
PO Box 3817, Charlottesville 22903Shift:
Day JobJob ID: