Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Occupational Therapist PRN
Round Rock, Texas
The Occupational Therapist provides occupational therapy treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, caregivers, and departmental and interdepartmental relationships.
- Requires competency in occupational therapy evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Requires task delegation and supervision of occupational therapist assistants and technicians.
- Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
The Occupational Therapist creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. For more information on available Benefits, please click here.
Who will you treat? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our therapist can expect to spend an average of 2-4 weeks with our patients treating a wide clinical caseload such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
You will use standard and advanced therapy technologies- depending on hospital location, some equipment used such as Auto Ambulators, Bioness, Interactive Metronome, Hand Mentor, SmartStep, Anodyne, Wii and CAPs may be available.
Helping you become a better therapist is critical to our success
- You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
Job Code: 100006
License or Certification:
- Must be in possession of current state license or certification on or before the first day of employment.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Successful completion of a degree from an accredited therapy program or one that is determined to be substantially equivalent to a U.S. accredited program by an appropriate certifying agency preferred.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements
Address: 1400 Hester's Crossing, Round Rock 78681
Employee Status: Regular
Job ID: 1624207