Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
COTA- Pool- (Per diem)
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital is a 110 bed acute rehabilitation hospital located on Worcester, MA. We provide comprehensive Inpatient and Outpatient rehabilitative care for orthopedic, neurologic, multi-trauma, brain injury, stroke, pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation needs.
We are a hospital setting with a full complement of Therapists, Nurses, Neuropsychologists and Medical staff to consistently offer the best possible outcomes for our patients.
With an average length of stay between 1-3 weeks, we have the ability to get to know our patients and their families. We are proud of the fact that 80% of the patients admitted to Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital of Worcester, MA are discharged directly to their homes.
Come see how we are changing people’s lives- everyday. Maybe you can too!
At Fairlawn, the Per Diem Occupational Therapist Assistant provides occupational therapy treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, and caregivers
- Requires effective communication skills for departmental and interdepartmental relationships
- Requires competency in occupational treatment
- Performs occupational therapy treatment tasks as delegated by and supervised by occupational therapists
Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met
The Occupational Therapist Assistant creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
Who will you treat? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our therapist can expect to spend an average of 1-3 weeks with our patients treating a wide clinical caseload such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
You will use standard and advanced therapy technologies-depending on hospital location, some equipment used such as Auto Ambulators, Bioness, Interactive Metronome, Hand Mentor, SmartStep, Anodyne, Wii and CAPs may be available.
Helping you become a better therapist is critical to our success
- You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
Job Code: 100003
License or Certification:
- Must have current state license or certification; in states where licensing is not required, defer to state practice act
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy
Education, Training and Experience:
- Successful completion of an Associate's degree from an accredited occupational therapy assistant program preferred
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Job ID: 1620474