Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Registered Nurse (Pool)
At HealthSouth the role of a Registered Nurse encompasses leadership, partnership, collaboration and supervision. The Registered Nurse establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care.
The Registered Nurse is also responsible for:
- Providing direct patient care to inpatients
- Supervising care, treatment and services of patient care provided by LPNs, RNTs/CNAs, and other staff on assigned unit and shift
- Assessment and reassessment of patients
- Communicating appropriate information with the interdisciplinary team
- Reporting patient concerns and changes in condition to supervisor and/or physician in a timely manner
- Creating a plan of care that is individualized to the patients needs and is reflective of the patients goals
What types of patients will you care for? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our nurses can expect to spend an average of 2-4 weeks with our patients with a variety of diagnosis such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to asses and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
Helping you become a better nurse is critical to our success - You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
Job Code: 100131
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensures appropriate to state regulations
- CPR certification (ACLS preferred)
- CRRN certification preferred
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- One year of experience in inpatient hospital setting preferred
- Inpatient rehabilitation experience preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Address: 151 West Galbraith Road, Cincinnati 45216
Job ID: 1614865