Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie is a 108-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives.
In addition to caring for general rehabilitation diagnoses such as orthopedics, cardiac, pulmonary, or general debility post surgery or illness, HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie has specialized inpatient programs for stroke, brain injury, neurological diseases such as Parkinson disease, multiple sclerosis and Guillian-Barre syndrome, trauma and spinal cord injury. Other services offered include onsite dialysis, wound and ostomy care, tracheotomy and dietitian evaluation and treatment including enteral feeding support.
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie’s specialized care includes neurorehabilitation treatment programs that are led by our program medical director who is board certified in internal medicine, neurology, EMG, neurorehabilitation, and vascular neurology. We specialize in advanced stroke, brain injury and neurological rehabilitation, including post-operative deep brain stimulation (DBS) rehabilitation, post-operative intrathecal baclofen (spasticity) rehabilitation and dysphagia rehabilitation program using VitalStim (electrical stimulation therapy for recovery of swallowing) as well as DPNS (Deep Pharyngeal Neuromuscular Stimulation) therapy.
Our 90,000 square-foot hospital serves patients throughout the Northwest Pennsylvania, West New York and Northeast Ohio region.
** We have 8 hour and 12 hour shifts available **
At HealthSouth the role of a Registered Nurse encompasses leadership, partnership, collaboration and supervision. The Registered Nurse establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care.
The Registered Nurse is also responsible for:
- Providing direct patient care to inpatients
- Supervising care, treatment and services of patient care provided by LPNs, RNTs/CNAs, and other staff on assigned unit and shift
- Assessment and reassessment of patients
- Communicating appropriate information with the interdisciplinary team
- Reporting patient concerns and changes in condition to supervisor and/or physician in a timely manner
- Creating a plan of care that is individualized to the patients needs and is reflective of the patients goals
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more.
Helping you become a better nurse is critical to our success - You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, BSN, MSN, acute care, med/surg, med-surg, surgical, cardiac, CRRN, hospital, inpatient, floor nurse, floor RN, RN 7-3, RN 3-11, Nurse, Nursing, RNs, Nursing, Registered, Registered Nursing, Nurse, acute
Job Code: 100130
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensures appropriate to state regulations
- CPR certification (ACLS preferred)
- CRRN certification preferred and supported
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- One year of experience in inpatient hospital setting preferred
- Inpatient rehabilitation experience preferred; however med/surg and other hospital based experiences maybe transferrable
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Address: 143 East Second Street, Erie 16507
Job ID: 1611763