Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
RN - Admissions Representative
In need of a Registered Nurse to serve as an Admissions Representative. This nurse assumes the responsibility for the coordination of an effective, efficient admission process for all patients by receiving referrals, gathering and verifying pertinent information, and completing necessary procedures to schedule and admit inpatient and/or outpatients. The position compiles and inputs statistical information into the appropriate hospital systems.
Primary functions include:
- Ensure all admissions, discharges, transfers, and LOA patients are entered into Patcom system and balances midnight census, distributes reports to various departments
- Assures all patients admitted into facility after hours are properly signed in and paperwork is correctly distributed to nursing staff.
- Ensures copies of all insurance ID cards and Medicare inquiry are collected on all admissions
- Notifies nursing and case management department of potential admissions
- Pre-admits all patients that are expected admissions for the day and prepares necessary admission packet for the nursing station along with a patient plate
- Distributes a copy of Patients to Admit sheet, discharge schedule, and transfer sheet to the switchboard operator daily.
Job code: 100535License or Certification:
- Active Registered Nurse license in the State of IL
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Graduate from an accredited nursing school
- Preferred knowledge of third party payors
- Six months experience or equivalent in hospital admissions preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 10 pounds and ability to push/pull a minimum of 10 pounds which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 950 South Mulford Road, Rockford 61108
Job ID: 1518661