HealthSouth is growing again, and this time, it is in your neighborhood!
Mount Carmel Rehabilitation Hospitalwill open by first quarter of 2017 in Westerville, Ohio. The hospital will be located north of Mount Carmel St. Ann's near the southwest corner of Cleveland Avenue and Polaris Parkway.
The 60-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital will be a joint venture between HealthSouth and Mount Carmel and will provide specialized rehabilitative care to patients who have experienced stroke, trauma, brain and orthopedic injuries or other major illnesses or injuries. The 60,000-square-foot freestanding hospital will include 60 all-private rooms, a spacious, on-site therapy gym, a walking path and cutting-edge rehabilitation technologies. The development of the new inpatient rehabilitation hospital represents a significant investment in the community and is expected to generate approximately 100 new, full-time jobs.
Location: 597 Executive Campus Drive, Westerville, Ohio 43082
The Speech-Language Pathologist provides speech-language therapy treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, and caregivers.
- Requires effective communication skills for departmental and interdepartmental relationships.
- Requires competency in speech-language pathology evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Requires task delegation and supervision of fellows, technicians and assistants (when applicable).
- Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
The Speech-Language Pathologist creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
Job Code: 100031
License or Certification:
- Must be in possession of current state license or certification on or before the first day of employment.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience
- Successful completion of an accredited Master's Degree Program or accredited Bachelor's Degree Program plus sufficient experience in the field.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
HealthSouth is one of the nation's largest providers of post-acute healthcare services, offering both facility-based and home-based post-acute services in 33 states and Puerto Rico through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and hospice agencies. HealthSouth can be found on the web at: www.HealthSouth.com
About Mount Carmel Health System
A member of the Catholic Health Association and Trinity Health, Mount Carmel has been a leader in patient care for more than 125 years. Its team of more than 8,000 employees, 1,500 physicians and 1,000 volunteers provides an array of cutting-edge, patient-focused primary and specialty healthcare services at four central Ohio hospitals and a free standing emergency department – Mount Carmel East, Mount Carmel West, Mount Carmel St. Ann's, Mount Carmel New Albany and Mount Carmel Grove City. Mount Carmel also provides high-quality healthcare services at its surgery centers, multi-specialty physician group practices, emergent, ambulatory and urgent care centers, hospice, palliative care, home care services and through MediGold, a Medicare Advantage plan. Mount Carmel is dedicated to medical and nursing education and training as well, with six physician medical residency programs and the Mount Carmel College of Nursing – one of Ohio's largest baccalaureate nursing degree programs. Mount Carmel Health System can be found on the web at: www.MountCarmelHealth.com