Full Job Title: Senior Manager, Strategy %26 Development
Job Number: 1711197
Location: Birmingham, AL
Date Posted: 1-31-2017
The Senior Manager, Strategy & Development will be responsible for supporting the Chief Planning & Development Officer in their efforts create growth opportunities and develop alternative payment models and episodic management. The Senior Manager will be principally involved in the creation of market/organization analytics, production of presentation materials, internal reports and monitoring at risk payment model(s). The Senior Manager will also work with outside consultants as needed to assist company with new payment models as they become implemented and development of post acute tools and solutions. The Senior Manager will assist in research, analysis and the production of presentation materials, RFP responses and internal reports for the development department.
Job Code: 101076
License or Certification:
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required with an emphasis in business, healthcare administration or similar field. Master¿s degree in business or health administration highly desirable.
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in the following:
- Meaningful experience working in healthcare business/strategic planning/corporate development or experience in investment banking, management consulting or similar field, preferably with a focus on healthcare
- Experience translating complex strategies and ideas into an easily understandable narrative and presentation.
- Understanding of financial statements.
- Experience working on joint venture and acquisition transactions preferred.
- Experience analyzing large amounts of data and drawing conclusions regarding the risks and opportunities.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Ability to analyze complex or diverse information.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and develop alternative solutions.
- Ability to manage and complete projects on time and budget.
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Ability to think critically and improve and promote quality.
- Ability to understand business implications of decisions; as needed to align work with strategic goals.
- Ability to manage competing demands as needed to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Ability to act with professionalism as needed to approach others in a tactful manner and accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.