Full Job Title: Rehab Nursing Technician/CNA
Job Number: 1711752
Location: Erie, PA
Date Posted: 2-10-2017
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie is part of one of the Nation's largest providers of Rehabilitation Services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives. Our modern 90,000 square-foot inpatient rehabilitation hospital is situated on the coast of Lake Erie and offers comprehensive nursing care and extensive inpatient therapy serving the tri-state areas of northwestern Pennsylvania, northeastern Ohio, and western New York.
During the past 25 years, through the success of our unique rehabilitation programs, we've upheld our reputation as a national leader in rehab. Maintaining our leadership role in rehab takes more than just quality care and good programs, it takes a dedicated staff that is committed to each patient achieving the highest possible outcome with the eventual goal of returning home.
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie's specialized care includes neuro-rehabilitation treatment programs that are led by our program medical director who is board certified in internal medicine, neurology, EMG, neuro-rehabilitation, and vascular neurology. We specialize in advanced stroke, brain injury and neurological rehabilitation, including post-operative deep brain stimulation (DBS) rehabilitation, post-operative intrathecal baclofen (spasticity) rehabilitation and dysphagia rehabilitation program using VitalStim (electrical stimulation therapy for recovery of swallowing) as well as DPNS (Deep Pharyngeal Neuromuscular Stimulation) therapy.
In addition to caring for general rehabilitation diagnoses such as orthopedics, cardiac, pulmonary, or general debility post surgery or illness, HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie has specialized inpatient programs for stroke, brain injury, neurological diseases such as Parkinson disease, multiple sclerosis and Guillian-Barre syndrome, trauma and spinal cord injury. Other services offered include onsite dialysis, wound and ostomy care, tracheotomy and dietitian evaluation and treatment including enteral feeding support.We currently are recognized by the Joint Commission for four Specialty Disease-Specific Certifications in Stroke, Brain Injury, Orthopedics, and Parkinson's Disease.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
- CPR certification
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- One year experience in inpatient general hospital setting preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
|HealthSouth Lakeshore Rehab||3|
|Regional Rehab Hospital||2|
|HealthSouth Fort Smith||2|
|Hot Springs, AR||4|
|St. Vincent Rehab Hospital||2|
|HealthSouth East Valley||7|
|HealthSouth Southern Arizona||3|
|Yuma Rehab Hospital||1|
|HealthSouth Colorado Springs||2|
|HealthSouth Altamonte Springs||2|
|HealthSouth Sea Pines||3|
|HealthSouth Panama City||2|
|HealthSouth South Martin||1|
|HealthSouth Treasure Coast||1|
|Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital||3|
|Mid America Rehabilitation Hospital||1|
|Kansas Rehabilitation Hospital||3|
|Wesley Rehabilitation Hospital||1|
|Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital||1|
|Braintree Rehabilitation Hospital||1|
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Western Massachusetts||1|
|New England Rehabilitation Hospital of Portland||2|
|Rehabilitation Institute of St. Louis||2|
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Concord||7|
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Tinton Falls||1|
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Toms River||6|
|HealthSouth New Mexico||1|
|Henderson Rehabilitation Hospital||3|
|HealthSouth Las Vegas - Southwest||2|
|Healthsouth At Drake||1|
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Mechanicsburg||2|
|HealthSouth Nittany Valley Rehabilitation Hospital||2|
|AnMed Health Rehabilitation Hospital||2|
|Quillen Rehabilitation Hospital||1|
|HealthSouth Cane Creek||2|
|HealthSouth North Memphis||1|
|Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation||1|
|HealthSouth The Woodlands||1|
|HealthSouth Fort Worth||1|
|HealthSouth Fort Worth South||1|
|Round Rock, TX||1|
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Institute of San Antonio||2|
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital Vision Park||1|
|HealthSouth Sugar Land||2|
|Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital||3|
|HealthSouth Wichita Falls||2|
|HealthSouth Northern Virginia||2|
|Rehabilitation Hospital of Southwest Virginia||3|
|UVA-HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital||4|
|HealthSouth Mountain View||3|
|HealthSouth Western Hills||3|
|HealthSouth Southern Hills||1|