Full Job Title: RN MDS/Quality Assessment Coordinator
Job Number: 1711047
Location: Overland Park, KS
Date Posted: 2-16-2017
Now Hiring HealthSouth MDS/PPS/FIMs Coordinator
Helping patients regain hope and independence
The HealthSouth Difference
The importance of nursing to HealthSouth rehabilitation hospitals can't be overstated. At HealthSouth, comprehensive rehabilitation is planned and administered by a highly specialized and integrated team including physicians, nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists, speech therapists, occupational therapists, case managers and others. Rehabilitation nurses are a valuable resource and bring an important perspective to this interdisciplinary approach. HealthSouth's rehabilitation nurses help the patients regain control of their lives and their independence, treating complex medical issues and redefining how care is provided.The Perks
Only the best will do
Eighty percent of patients discharged directly home
Our registered nursing teams get to know patients over two to four weeks on average, providing care for conditions such as:
Advanced tools to support patient progress
The PASC will assure the accurate extraction of data from the clinical documentation. To perform this task the PASC will:
This position requires a positive working relationship as well as serving as an educator to the medical staff.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
- Clinical licensed professional such as nurse, therapist, case management or other allied health provider
- FIM certified
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Appropriate to licensure , i.e., bachelors, associates degree or allied health degree as required for licensure
- 1 year experience in the healthcare setting
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Adheres to CMS and JC standards
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines, monitor processes or educate staff.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.