Full Job Title: Physical Therapist, Senior UVA HEALTHSOUTH Continuum Home Health
Job Number: 1620237
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Date Posted: 9-9-2016
Continuum Home Health Care is the Home Health Care Agency for the University of Virginia (UVA) Health System located in Charlottesville, VA. We have been providing excellence in home care throughout the region for over 20 years. We are growing and we are seeking to add experienced, dedicated and talented therapists (PT, PTA, OT, COTA, and SLP staff) to our experienced team. If you are looking for an exciting and dynamic career opportunity please contact Jeff Riedel-Bicknell, Therapy Manager atJR4MD@hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu or call 434-987-8920. We serve the following geographic region: Charlottesville and Albemarle, Augusta, Rockingham, Greene, Madison, Culpeper, Orange, Louisa, Fluvanna, Buckingham, and Nelson. Apply for positions online atwww.healthsouth.jobs
Full-time 40 hour per week Physical Therapy (PT) position serving primarily the following regions / Counties: Northern Albemarle, Madison, and Greene, with some other coverage options in neighboring counties possible when needed.
The Senior Physical Therapist provides physical therapy according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines, and demonstrates and promotes excellence in physical therapy patient care and treatment. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective mentoring and training skills along with good communication skills for departmental relationships.
- Requires competency in physical therapy evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Requires task delegation and supervision of physical therapist assistants and technicians.
- Assists with scheduling physical therapy in-services education, physical therapy student program, physical therapists and assistants orientation
- Assists with physical therapist and assistant mentoring, training and communications to drive physical therapy excellence for patient treatments.
- Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
- Typically provides patient care in licensed discipline 90% to 95% of work hours.
The Senior Physical Therapist creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by helping staff to improve their clinical skills, and overall performance, through staff developing and mentoring.
License or Certification:
- Must be in possession of current state license or certification on or before the first day of employment.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
|HealthSouth Lakeshore Rehab||2|
|Regional Rehab Hospital||1|
|HealthSouth Fort Smith||3|
|Hot Springs, AR||2|
|St. Vincent Rehab Hospital||3|
|HealthSouth Valley of the Sun||2|
|HealthSouth East Valley||3|
|HealthSouth Southern Arizona||1|
|Yuma Rehab Hospital||2|
|HealthSouth Altamonte Springs||2|
|HealthSouth South Martin||1|
|HealthSouth Treasure Coast||1|
|Savannah Rehabilitation Hospital||1|
|Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital||3|
|Mid America Rehabilitation Hospital||1|
|Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital||5|
|Braintree Rehabilitation Hospital||1|
|New England Rehabilitation Hospital of Portland||3|
|Rehabilitation Institute of St. Louis||1|
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Concord||2|
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Tinton Falls||3|
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Toms River||2|
|HealthSouth New Mexico||1|
|Henderson Rehabilitation Hospital||5|
|HealthSouth Las Vegas||1|
|HealthSouth Las Vegas - Southwest||1|
|Healthsouth At Drake||3|
|St. John Rehabilitation Hospital||1|
|Geisinger HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital||2|
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Mechanicsburg||2|
|HealthSouth Nittany Valley Rehabilitation Hospital||3|
|AnMed Health Rehabilitation Hospital||1|
|Quillen Rehabilitation Hospital||1|
|HealthSouth Fort Worth||3|
|Round Rock, TX||1|
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Institute of San Antonio||2|
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital Vision Park||2|
|HealthSouth Sugar Land||1|
|Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital||2|
|HealthSouth Wichita Falls||1|
|HealthSouth Northern Virginia||2|
|Rehabilitation Hospital of Southwest Virginia||1|
|UVA-HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital||7|
|HealthSouth Mountain View||2|
|HealthSouth Western Hills||1|
|HealthSouth Southern Hills||1|