Full Job Title: MDS Coordinator (LVN or RN)
Job Number: 1710549
Location: Dallas, TX
Date Posted: 1-17-2017
The MDS/RAI Assistant (LPN) is responsible for the assisting in the completion of the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI), monitoring the progress toward RUG goals for residents receiving therapy, ongoing education of the unit staff as related to the MDS/RAI process, participates in the Quality Improvement and Assurance process, demonstrates knowledge of Medicare reimbursement, and understands the financial concepts and implications of PPS, all under the direction of the MDS/RAI RN Coordinator.
Job Code: 100966
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
- Current unrestricted licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse as required by state
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to sit up to 30 minutes.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.