Full Job Title: Lifeguard/Pool Tech - PRN/Oncall
Job Number: 1711371
Location: Lexington, KY
Date Posted: 2-2-2017
The primary responsibility of the lifeguard/ pool technician is to serve as a lifeguard for the pool. Other duties include the following: Maintaining pool equipment and linens, pool and locker room clean-up, checking water temp, scheduling patients, assisting with patient care in relation to the pool, paperwork, reports, and inventory may be responsibilities asked of a lifeguard/technician by supervisor as appropriate.
Job Code: 100934
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
- Must hold current certifications in advanced lifesaving/lifeguarding, CPR, and first aid.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Pool experience preferred.
- Experience working with patients in a pool setting preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
- Patient Transfers and Positioning 1-7 X/hr - ability to complete all patient transfers and/or positioning in a wheelchair, tub/shower chair, etc. per the guidelines in the Safety Manual for patient transfers.
- Forward bending and reaching frequently to constantly for Transfers, positioning, patient care, set-up and clean-up.
- Sitting occasionally to frequently for documentation, clerical activities, meetings, etc.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Must be able to function independently, communicate effectively and be focused on patient safety
- Must be able to tolerate work environment of high air and water temp, high humidity and frequent exposure to highly chlorinated water.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
|HealthSouth Lakeshore Rehab||2|
|Regional Rehab Hospital||1|
|HealthSouth Fort Smith||3|
|Hot Springs, AR||3|
|St. Vincent Rehab Hospital||3|
|HealthSouth Valley of the Sun||2|
|HealthSouth East Valley||3|
|HealthSouth Southern Arizona||1|
|Yuma Rehab Hospital||2|
|HealthSouth Altamonte Springs||2|
|HealthSouth South Martin||1|
|HealthSouth Treasure Coast||1|
|Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital||3|
|Mid America Rehabilitation Hospital||1|
|Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital||5|
|Braintree Rehabilitation Hospital||1|
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Western Massachusetts||1|
|New England Rehabilitation Hospital of Portland||3|
|Rehabilitation Institute of St. Louis||1|
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Concord||2|
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Tinton Falls||1|
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Toms River||2|
|HealthSouth New Mexico||1|
|Henderson Rehabilitation Hospital||5|
|HealthSouth Las Vegas||1|
|HealthSouth Las Vegas - Southwest||1|
|Healthsouth At Drake||3|
|St. John Rehabilitation Hospital||1|
|Geisinger HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital||2|
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Mechanicsburg||2|
|HealthSouth Nittany Valley Rehabilitation Hospital||3|
|AnMed Health Rehabilitation Hospital||1|
|Quillen Rehabilitation Hospital||1|
|HealthSouth Fort Worth||3|
|Round Rock, TX||1|
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Institute of San Antonio||2|
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital Vision Park||2|
|HealthSouth Sugar Land||1|
|Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital||2|
|HealthSouth Wichita Falls||1|
|HealthSouth Northern Virginia||2|
|Rehabilitation Hospital of Southwest Virginia||1|
|UVA-HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital||5|
|HealthSouth Mountain View||2|
|HealthSouth Western Hills||1|
|HealthSouth Southern Hills||1|