The Rehabilitation Institute of St. Louis
is currently looking for a Human Resources Director
to join our hospital leadership team.
The Rehabilitation Institute of St. Louis is a 96-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives. The Rehabilitation Institute of St. Louis has specialized inpatient programs for stroke
, brain injury
and spinal cord
patients. Other services offered include Day Treatment, Evidenced-Based Aphasia Clinic and Driving Connections. This hospital serves patients throughout the St. Louis Metropolitan Area
Location: 4455 Duncan Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63110
for a map to our location
The Rehabilitation Institute of St. Louis
The Human Resources Director plans, organizes and directs all aspects of Human Resources Management in such a manner as to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all employees, compliance with all company policies and legal aspects of employee/employer relationships. In addition, the Human Resources Director:
- Directs hospital recruitment and retention program to ensure availability of appropriate staffing resources. Serves as a resource to department managers and other employees.
- Coordinates the overall education program for all staff in conjunction with the Education Coordinator/Employee Health Nurse
- Monitors Employee Health activities and Workers' Compensation management
- Assists with Benefits Administration
- Acts as liaison between Corporate HR and the hospital management
- Ensures appropriate documentation and record-keeping for regulatory compliance.
The Human Resources Director is responsible to help create an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff, holding staff accountable for performance, motivating staff to improve performance and being responsible for the operation of the department, measurement, assessment and continuous improvement of the department's performance.
This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Job Code: 100176
License or Certification:
- None. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or SPHR certification preferred.
Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- BA or BS degree in Personnel Administration, Hospital Administration, Business Administration or related field required. Experience may substitute for four year degree on a year for year basis.
- Minimum of three to five years of Human Resources Management experience, preferably in healthcare.
- Computer knowledge in Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of supplies and equipment. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.