Full Job Title: Health Info Mgmt Svc Supv Pool
Job Number: 1619443
Location: Tinton Falls, NJ
Date Posted: 3-13-2017
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Tinton Falls is a Joint Commission accredited, 60 bed acute rehabilitation hospital. We are located just off exit 105 on GSP. We seek a credentialed (RHIA or RHIT) HIMS Supervisor, per diem status. Hospital coding experience is a great plus.
The Supervisor of Health Information Management is responsible for the overall supervision of HIMS staff and functions. The position assures that HIMS functions are performed in an efficient and professional manner consistent with applicable regulatory/certification requirements and oversees the medical records process and systems. The supervisor carries out systems to control the collection, maintenance, retrieval and retention of clinical information and participate on committees and task forces which have medical records or clinical information management objectives.
Job Code: 100372
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) preferred
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Graduate of accredited Medical Record Technology or Administration Program or college level Anatomy and Physiology and completion of advanced coding classes in ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 at an accredited college or vocational school preferred.
- Minimum of one year of HIMS supervisory experience in an acute or rehabilitation hospital preferred.
- Successful completion of RHIA. CCS, RHIT exam, or 2 years supervisory experience without credentials.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull and retrieve approximately 10 percent of the time.
- Ability to sit 90 percent of the time.
- Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above head to floor level with objects up to ten pounds.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
|Braintree Rehabilitation Hospital||1|
|New England Rehabilitation Hospital of Portland||1|
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Tinton Falls||1|
|HealthSouth New Mexico||1|
|HealthSouth Las Vegas - Southwest||1|
|HealthSouth The Woodlands||1|
|HealthSouth Fort Worth||2|
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital Vision Park||1|