Full Job Title: Chief Nursing Officer - Ludlow, MA
Job Number: 1622034
Location: Ludlow, MA
Date Posted: 12-7-2016
HealthSouthRehabilitation Hospital of Western Massachusetts is currently lookingfor a Chief Nursing Officer to join our hospitalleadership team.
HealthSouthRehabilitation Hospital of Western Massachusetts is a newer, state ofthe art 53-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensiveinpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patientsback to leading active and independent lives. The hospital is Joint CommissionDisease Specific Specialty Certified in Stroke, Brain Injury and PulmonaryRehabilitation.
Click here fora map and contact information on our location.
The Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) is responsible for thedevelopment and implementation of the plans for providing nursing care,treatment, and services including determination of the types and numbers ofnursing personnel necessary to provide nursing care and the development of apatient focused, team oriented culture, working in conjunction with all othermedical, clinical and therapeutic disciplines to ensure optimal service andsuperior outcomes.
The CNO holdsfull responsibility for the quality of nursing care provided. Representsnursing on the Governing Body and other hospital committees. Thisposition will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery ofquality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided;promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that isrespectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity andsensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basisto meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital. Theoffice of the Chief Nursing Officer is conveniently located on a patient unit.This lends itself to the expectation that the Chief Nursing Officer, willengage nursing staff and actively participate in directing patient care.
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations (unrestricted)
- BLS certification (ACLS Preferred)
- CRRN certification to be obtained within a year of meeting the eligibility requirement to sit for the examination
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Master's Degree in Nursing or related field (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field required, or a written plan to obtain these qualification approved by the National CNO and hospital CEO, unless higher degree required by state.
- Five years experience in inpatient hospital setting.
- Two years recent (within the last 5 years) Nursing Management experience with responsibilities including such as 24 hour accountability, FTE management, policy, procedure, and budgetary oversight, and conducting disciplinary action.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple competing demands while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Western Massachusetts||1|
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Tinton Falls||1|
|HealthSouth New Mexico||1|