HealthSouth is growing again, and this time, it is in your neighborhood!
Mount Carmel Rehabilitation Hospitalwill open by first quarter of 2017 in Westerville, Ohio. The hospital will be located north of Mount Carmel St. Ann's near the southwest corner of Cleveland Avenue and Polaris Parkway.
The 60-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital will be a joint venture between HealthSouth and Mount Carmel and will provide specialized rehabilitative care to patients who have experienced stroke, trauma, brain and orthopedic injuries or other major illnesses or injuries. The 60,000-square-foot freestanding hospital will include 60 all-private rooms, a spacious, on-site therapy gym, a walking path and cutting-edge rehabilitation technologies. The development of the new inpatient rehabilitation hospital represents a significant investment in the community and is expected to generate approximately 100 new, full-time jobs.
Location: 597 Executive Campus Drive, Westerville, Ohio 43082
The Charge Nurse is responsible for ensuring excellent patient satisfaction and positive outcomes by:
- Supervising the care, treatment and services provided to patients by nursing staff on the assigned unit and throughout the shift.
- Supporting the efforts of the nursing staff by providing direct patient care when needed.
- Assessing and reassessing patients throughout the shift and reporting patient concerns and changes in condition to the nurse supervisor and/or physician in a timely manner.
- Participating on the interdisciplinary team by providing the appropriate information to the team, and utilizing the information received to ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Creating a plan of care that is individualized to patient needs and is reflective of patient goals.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. For more information on available benefits, pleaseclick here.
What types of patients will you care for? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our nurses can expect to spend an average of 2-4 weeks with our patients with a variety of diagnosis such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
Helping you become a better nurse is critical to our success -You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensures appropriate to state regulations.
- CPR certification (ACLS preferred)
- CRRN certification preferred
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Two years of experience in inpatient hospital setting
- Inpatient rehabilitation experience preferred
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
HealthSouth is one of the nation's largest providers of post-acute healthcare services, offering both facility-based and home-based post-acute services in 33 states and Puerto Rico through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and hospice agencies. HealthSouth can be found on the web at: www.HealthSouth.com
About Mount Carmel Health System
A member of the Catholic Health Association and Trinity Health, Mount Carmel has been a leader in patient care for more than 125 years. Its team of more than 8,000 employees, 1,500 physicians and 1,000 volunteers provides an array of cutting-edge, patient-focused primary and specialty healthcare services at four central Ohio hospitals and a free standing emergency department – Mount Carmel East, Mount Carmel West, Mount Carmel St. Ann's, Mount Carmel New Albany and Mount Carmel Grove City. Mount Carmel also provides high-quality healthcare services at its surgery centers, multi-specialty physician group practices, emergent, ambulatory and urgent care centers, hospice, palliative care, home care services and through MediGold, a Medicare Advantage plan. Mount Carmel is dedicated to medical and nursing education and training as well, with six physician medical residency programs and the Mount Carmel College of Nursing – one of Ohio's largest baccalaureate nursing degree programs. Mount Carmel Health System can be found on the web at: www.MountCarmelHealth.com