Full Job Title: Admissions Rep Outpatient - Part Time 32 Hours per Week
Job Number: 1713126
Location: Lynnfield, MA
Date Posted: 3-13-2017
The Admissions Representative (Outpatient) assumes the responsibility for the coordination of an effective, efficient admission process for all patients in an outpatient setting by receiving referrals, gathering and verifying pertinent information, and completing necessary procedures to schedule and admit outpatients. The position compiles and inputs statistical information into appropriate hospital systems.
License or Certification:
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred; post education preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of third party payors
- Six months experience or equivalent in hospital admissions preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, scanner, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
|HealthSouth Panama City||1|
|HealthSouth Treasure Coast||1|
|Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital||2|
|Healthsouth At Drake||1|
|HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Mechanicsburg||2|
|HealthSouth The Woodlands||1|