At HealthSouth the Rehabilitation Nurse Technician/Certified Nursing Assistant acts in a team member capacity to help the patients, staff members, and the hospital achieve their goals. They are active in department activities to ensure individualized patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to HealthSouth.
The Rehabilitation Nurse Technician/Certified Nursing Assistant is also responsible for:
Assisting the RN/LPN in completing tasks that support patient care activities and treatmentsProviding direct patient care activities appropriate to training and competencyEnsures that department is kept clean and organizedAssists with equipment maintenance and cleaning of suppliesCompletes patient care activities as assigned while promoting excellent patient satisfaction and outcomesEnsure that patients and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere, which recognizes the individual's needs and rights
What types of patients will you see? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our patients spend an average of 2-4 weeks in our hospital and come to us with a wide variety of diagnosis such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to asses and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
Helping you become better is critical to our success -You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; and we offer educational benefits if you are interested in continuing your education.
Job Code: 100133
License or Certification:
- RNT/CNA preferred or as required by state requirements
- CPR certification
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- One year experience in inpatient general hospital setting preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment